How I'm Doing

My blog's probably pretty strange to read. I throw a lot of random stuff on it. Most of the time I don't even blog about how my life is going. Is that what people usually like reading? I kind of stopped doing that some time ago. Huh. 

Um . . . okay. I'm going to try to blog like a normal human being again. Life updates! Those are always nice for friends and family. Here are updates on the different aspects of my life: 

Work: 
If you knew the story of how I got my job at the bakery, you'd know that I never in five billion years thought I'd be working in a bakery. It was kind of a happy accident -- ask me about it, if you're curious. It's been such a blessing, though. I get to work with delicious food, meet fantastic people, and sometimes I decorate cakes. Which is terrifying. But fulfilling. I'm working much more than I was during the school year, and sometimes that can be exhausting, but nothing feels as great as having responsibility. Plus, coughcough, some of the produce guys are pretty coughcoughattractivecough, and I coughcoughadmirefromafarcough. So that's a bonus, I suppose. [: 

Internship: 
As some of you know, I've been interning for a student anthology called "Voices: On Stage and In Print." Right now I'm designing covers, and I am so, so excited. Publication is my baby. More so than writing in many ways. 

Play: 
As you can see from my excessive amounts of photos, my sister and I have been doing some climbing. Ugh. You guys, you don't even understand how good it feels to grab a rock wall and make your way up it. Not a plastic wall, but a real rock wall. It isn't built to trick or trap you. It's just naturally challenging, and it's a-mazing. Plus, rocks are so beautiful. 

Aside from rocks, Kori and I are going to Imagine Dragons in FOUR DAYS. AHHHH! Holy smokes. Stoked. 

Living: 
News flash: I will not be living on campus this year. I decided that I can do just fine at home again. However, I will be moving out next year when I don't have so many things to pay for. Hopefully. [: 

Reading: 
I have been reading up a storm, guys. Once summer begins, I have major catching up to do. Right now I'm simultaneously reading Counseling with our CouncilsThe Golden Compass, and I will soon be beginning Ender's Game. I hope to be able to read Little Dorrit, North & South, and Life of Pi afterward. 

Also: I didn't want to brag about this on Facebook, but this is my blog and I can dang well do what I please. I won two books and a $100 gift certificate to Deseret Book! AHHHHHHHHHH! LIFE IS GREAT.

Family: 
Family is great. My relationship with my siblings is better than it's ever been, however, I still do have a lot to improve upon. But now I realize how valuable each one of them is, and I want to help them realize it. 

Dating: 
Ha ha. Ha. Weeelll . . . I didn't think it would ever come to this, but I've finally reached that stage that everyone says happens right before you meet Mr. Right: I could really care less. I love my life, I love being single, and I am more content than I've ever been. I have never been so happy with myself, which is exciting, because I know that I can be more happy with myself. I still have a lot of weaknesses to strengthen and improve upon, but knowing that almost makes it easier. I think I've found my golden ticket, and it's great, because it only relies on me and my Heavenly Father, not anybody else. So if you ask me how my love life is going, I'll probably tell you that it isn't, really, but that I really don't mind. 

Spiritual: 
I'm trying to get in the habit of going to the temple once a week. So far it's been sort of rough, but I'm going to do it. If there's one thing I definitely need to improve upon, it's my spiritual well-being. I've got a long way to go.